Canberra Quilters Members' Exhibition

I had a fantastic time at the quilt show and craft expo on the weekend! It was such a thrill having my quilts exhibited (and very kind of the exhibition designers to hang them close enough together that I could do just one daggy photo!)

A huge highlight for me was finally meeting Caroline from Nightingale Quilts (designer of the finding formation pattern) in person - yay! Caroline gave us a bit of a sneak peek at some of her upcoming pattern and they are to die for!

It was also exciting to see my friends' quilts hanging - it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to do this on my own! Some of my favourite quilts were by Michelle, Gemma, Angie, and Sam. I got quite a thrill showing my family around the exhibition and pointing out the quilts made by my talented friends! =)

And of course the best bit, which I tended to forget in the whole process of sewing and finishing and delivering and visiting, is that now I have my two beautiful quilt home to live with us =) We're making the most of them already this afternoon

If you're interested in seeing pictures of the gorgeous prize winners from the exhibition, pop over to the Canberra Quilters website. There are also some posts on the blog with pictures from the opening and exhibition, and even more pictures on Instagram (@canberraquilters)

 

Comments