Ready (or not?)

Ok, wow, this is kind of daunting. I've seen so many great blogs and I want mine to be cute and fun, but really know very little about how to do this, so I'm just gonna start and hope my blog will grow and evolve as I do.
Unfortunately, my kntting news is starting with a frog.




I have knit heaps of gloves and scarves and even a bikini before, but have decided it's time to move on to a larger garment. I saw a really cute vest that I have decided to try.

I bought new circular needles, some cheapish yarn, made myself a cute beaded stitch marker/row counter and was ready to go.
The vest is knit from the bottom up to the armhole then split and back and front finished seperately. The rib in the bottom is knit double strand. I haven't knitted double strand before so I google. Hmm looks complicated. Maybe I'll just do regular rib and try double strand next time. Cast on 144. I got to the 5th row then decided if I was gonna knit I wasn't gonna do it half arsed. Gribiiiiiiit.

So now I have my new circulars, my cheapish yarn, my cute beaded stitch marker/row counter and I'm ready to go. Again. :p

A bit more about me and what I hope this blog will be. I love crafting! My mum has always been great at lots of different crafts, and it was always encouraged at home. I love to knit, sew (hoping for a sewing maching for my birthday in April!!!!) make beaded jewelry (mostly earings), cross/long stitch, garden and bake. The main problem in my crafting careers has always been that I start lots of projects and never finish, so I'm hoping that by sharing my progress with others I'll be more likely to finish. So hopefully I'll be keeping you posted on what's happening in all these areas of my life =)

Comments