zombie squirrels

As promised, I hereby present some squirrelly progress:

I'm just upto the thumb placement.

The thumbs in this pattern are knit in by moving the stitches above the placement line onto waste yarn after knitting, then casting on the same number of stitches in the next round.

When it comes time to knit the thumb you then pick up the stitches from the waste yarn, and the cast on edge to knit out from.


The squirrels are definately cute, but I think perhaps I've been looking at them too much - they are starting to look like zombies to me! eek!

Today I've baked some ANZAC biscuits (from the essential baking cookbook) to distract them - just incase they come after me. =)

besos =)

Comments

  1. Hide the acorns, the squirrels are coming!

    Belated birthday wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely zombie squirrels Kuka!

    I just found a blogger from Brisbane's mittens and they made me think of you. I think you will like her work!

    http://daysfull.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're soooo cute! and coming for your brains!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are scary little rabid critters - so I'm not surprised you're having nightmares ;) Nail 'em down, I say! Mittens look wonderful as ever - and like the sound of those fresh Anzac bikkies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked for a mittern pattern. Please visit my website and send me a mail with your emailaddress, and I'll send you a link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)