As promised, lions and stats =)
(sorry about the sucky boring pic - I forgot to get a proper modelled shot before I gave them to J-Mo)
pattern: Knitty's Corazon Mittens
yarn: Lincraft cosy (blue/maroon), Colouor 4 me (yellow) - less than 1 ball of each
mods: Obviously I used three colours instead of two. Also, because the chart had turned out so big I only made decreases down to 30 stitches remaining rather than 18 at the top of each mitten.
comments: As I've mentioned, the chart section of these mittens came out much longer than I was expecting - so these kind of feel like wearing oven mitts (but in a good way!!)
Moving down to the smaller pattern size probably wouldn't have helped since they were a perfect fit around the hand.
The wool was also a little bit fuzzy, which interferes with the pattern a little, and also almolst a bit scratchy
- I definately preferred the zhivago for this pattern.
Eek, that sounds a bit negative, but really I'm still very pleased with how they came out, and J-Mo really liked them too =)
Mitten high-fives!! =)