Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thank goodness for YouTube

How is it that I didn't know that Russell Robertson in one of the contestants on It Takes Two this season???
And this week he was dancing in his underwear??!!
(thank-you Risky Business! ;) )

Well, thanks to the wonders of 'modern technology' (aka YouTube) its my pleasure to present Russell: =)




(There's a shorter but better quality highlights version here if you prefer =))

If Russell isn't enough to make you drool, check out my Saturday morning all to myself breakfast there!!

Pancakes with frozen raspberries - mmmmmmmmm

Usually a batch of pancakes would be too much for one person, but this recipe from BBC food (always my first port of call when I'm searching the innernets for a recipe) only makes about 3 or 4 - I usually do a double batch if we're both home, and if there are a couple left over they're good for a weekendy afternoon tea =)

These are nice and fluffy - kinda like pikelets, except because they're made with plain flower you don't get that fuzzy teeth self-raising flour feeling, you know.

I've been reading a bit this weekend - I seriously haven't read anything for ages - Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides.

Yes, it was on Oprah's recommendation, but I have heard around that it is good.
And I am really enjoying it =)

One more bit of excitement for the weekend - the Boy and I just booked tickets to see Harry Connick Jr and his BIG band!!!

Right here in Canberra!!!

I knew he was touring, but I had no idea that he was coming here - I had only seen shows in Sydney and Melbourne advertised!!

Then the Boy and I were breakfasting (oooh, they make the most amazing tomatoes!!) this morning, and saw a Canberra show advertised!
28th of March, and there were still tickets!
Huzzah!!!

Besos =)

4 comments:

  1. Yay for pancakes! And yay for Harry! I'm glad you were able to get tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pancake recipe, I will bookmark it!! At our house the first pancake or pikelet is always designated The Dog Pancake (or Pikelet) It is always a bit boogelly, and the secong one is always much better. I love Harry!! I wore out his first CD I played it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shedir looks beautiful and so do the pancakes - love Harry - wish I could go too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous over your Harry tickets. Saw him 13 yrs ago in Sydney and still swoon at the memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)