Second smockies

Ok, so I still haven't posted my first finished smockies.... and yes I feel kinda guilty every time I think about it.

But I wasn't going to let that stop me casting on a second pair to keep me busy during my bus knitting time.

This pair is going to be yellow with purple (the first was green and pink).

These kinda odd colour combos are really appealing to me at the moment - green/pink, yellow/purple, purple/red, orange/blue, pink/yellow - and I'm finding the smockies, having one clearly dominant colour with just highlights of the second colour, are an excellent canvas for colour experimentation.

My broomhead scarf is coming along really well - it's knitting up so quickly!!

The yarn is so snowy snow white, but I am planning to work on a little felty embellishment for colour =)

We've got a fabulous day of footy planned today, ahhhh Saturday!
And with the end of daylight saving tonight we get an extra hour of sleep in the morning - bliss! =D

Comments