You Buddy beauty!!

Today has been a most excellent Saturday!!!

The Boy and I spent the day with friends, starting out what will hopefully be a bumper load of seedlings for our gardens (more about that later), and then dinner at a local 'footy' club, where we enjoyed the spectacle that is a player scoring 100 AFL goals in a season (and for the first time in 10 years!).

Lance 'Buddy' Franklin plays for my favourite team - the Hawks - and has been pretty instrumental in their success this year (despite the fact that some days he couldn't hit a barn door with a bowl of rice, let alone get that little ball through the sticks from 50 metres!!!)

It was so exciting - even just watching on TV with a crowd.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be AT the game, but you can get an idea from the video that it would be pretty nuts (like, thousands of people rushing over the fence onto the ground nuts).



My boys finished off with a big win, Carlton's 'Fev' finished on 99 goals, so there was excitement all round.

Now, on to the finals!!!!
GO HAWKS!!!

Comments

  1. You know, I watched the highlights on the news and for the first time in my whole life, had some idea what they were talking about!! he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost enough to make me change teams! I am actually a bit notorious for this. But that is because it has been a very very sorry tale for Carlton folk in the last not so little while. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)