oooooh shi bother...

So, for about 6 or 8 weeks now I've been spending most of my home crafty time working on a cross stitch.
This morning, thinking I must be just about done, I held it up to admire - I find with any kind of embroidery you spend so much time looking at just small bits at a time.

Here's what I saw:



Looking pretty good, I thought!

But wait?
Do you see what I see?
How about now??



Ok, a leetle bit closer - that's mine one the left, compared to the 'pattern' on the right.











Ooh BUM! It's just not quite right, is it?
That engine has gone right off the tracks!
And I suspect it isn't going to block out =(

Comments

  1. I'm thinking it's time for a bit of improvised track building, engine on 1 line, trucks on the other ?
    Perhaps Teddy is coming to the rescue of the abandoned animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh!! Nope, that's not gonna block out....I think you need to sit in your garden with a cold drink and a magazine or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger! Definitely not blocking that one out....It is looking pretty fabulous despite the misalignment, can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh maaaaaaaaan. That bites. I'd just remove the track. Or cross stitch a really big rock in the middle of the two completed sections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!! How about undoing a little of the the track underneath the carriages and making new track with a lower curve and then put some of those cartoon 'movement' dashes under the engine wheels to make it look like it is going fast?????It is a lovely cross stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh crap - yeah, cross-stitch mistakes are a killer. I've had to unpick whole borders, and swathes of stitches, in my time :(

    Looking very cute otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's nice cross stitching & really reminds me of those days when I did lots for my babies. Hope you fix the tracks problem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)