Bake it! Shortbread

Every year without fail I forget which recipe I used for my shortbread the previous year and spend ages trying to find just the right one - this year I tried three different recipes before I was happy!
So, as promised (and, well, mostly for my own benefit!) here's this year's winner:

- preheat oven to 150C (130C fan-forced)

- beat 250g softened butter with 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, then stir in 1/4 cup (35g) rice flour and 2 1/4 cups (335g) plain flour. Knead on a floured surface until smooth.

- roll dough (I like my shortbread thick, so I roll to about 203cm) and cut out your shapes. Bake for about 30 minutes (personally, I think the angel in the picture is a leeetle over done - I like to get them out before they colour =))

- enjoy!! (mmmmmm) ;o)

xo

Comments

  1. 'm the same - I'm forever forgetting to store my favourite Christmas biscuit recipe. Like the great passionfruit shortbread recipe, or the cranberry biscotti recipe ...

    A friend gave me a recipe for her grandmother's shortbread (well, MY friend actually gave it to my mum, and then mum was good enough to share my friend's grandmother's recipe with me!) and I've been meaning to try it. Maybe on a day when it's not in the 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, I have a lot of them too so it's nice to have one recommended!! I like your new header!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)