Best left to the experts

Sometimes, when you're after just the right results, it's best to go straight to the experts, so when I had a hankering for a little something baked tonight, I didn't hesitate to pull out my Country Treasures cookbook for the Country Women's Association of Victoria ANZAC biscuit recipe.
And, oooh, I was NOT disappointed that I did.



These ANZACs are just about as close to biscuity perfection as you can get - just the right combination of crispy on the edge and chewy in the centre!

And since they're so perfectly delicious, I'm sure the Victorian CWA ladies wouldn't mind me sharing =)

ANZAC Biscuits
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 125g melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon golden syrup
  • 2 tablespoons boiling water
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Add melted butter, syrup and boiling water to which the bicarb has been added. Mix to a firm consistency. Place on a greased oven tray and flatten. Bake in a moderate oven (180Cish - depending one your oven) until brown (I think mine took about 10 minutes - but just keep an eye on them =))

Taa daa - ready quicker than you watch an episode of Law and Order Criminal Intent - even if you fast forward through the ads!

xo

Comments

  1. Mmm, Anzac bikkies - an absolute favourite. Quite like them half-dipped in dark chocolate, too - not traditional but delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! :) I remember when my Mum used to cook from CWA cookbooks - in fact she probably still does. Her CWA cookbook was the most dog-eared one she had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my CWA cook book. I use a similar recipe to that, only I cook the butter, bicarb and syrup all together in a pot.

    And did you know that if you cook ANZAC Biscuits on a sunny day, they will be crunchy, but on a cloudy/rainy day they will be soft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe & I love Anzac biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delish...but I'm a floridian and I don't know what golden syrup is...is it corn syrup or some such thing? Thanks for sharing the recipe..can't wait to try it.
    Blogless Mary Lou
    p.s. my word verification is "permi" May I have "permi" to try your recipe? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)