Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Very hungry

Oooh, I have lots of (not super exciting ;o)) things to share from the past month, so I might just have a couple of catch up posts with some pics to get me back into the bloggy swing =)

In September I was lucky enough to be asked to be chief in charge of a birthday cake for one of my very favourite little peeps. It was her first birthday, and my first kid's birthday cake, and I think we were both pretty pleased with it =)



My very hungry catepillar was very much inspired by this one by the very clever Coco Cake Cupcakes.

I used licorice for the legs, nose and antenae, and gummi frogs for the eyes =)
And to get that gorgeous red I used a ready-to roll fondant (Christmas red) which I picked up from the lovely girls at Style Emporium - one of my very very fave shops =)

I love making cakes! =)

xo

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cake, I recognised it immediately!!!! Nice red too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!

    Great cake.

    And Style Emporium is tops for all sorts of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I love it. And yeah style emporium - wow factor place. I keep missing out on the cupcake place next door though. I think you reviewed it one ? I've Mondays off and they aren't open then. Must try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake(s) are precious!! Great job! Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)