Sunday, May 09, 2010

slooooooooow

One of my excellent birthday pressies this year from my family was a slow cooker - this 5 litre guy from Breville



We picked it up this arvo, along with Slow Cooker, by the ABC's Sally Wise.



I bought A Year in a Bottle, by the same author, earlier in the year, and found that as well as being full of great recipes, it is a great resource for bottling in general. So, I'm really looking forward to cooking from this one too!

And to kick-start my relationship with the newest kitchen friend, I'm making Slow Cooker my cook book of the month - pop back every week or so to see how I go with the recipes, starting tomorrow with some very fine lamb shanks =)

xo

(ooh, I know, I missed 2 months - March was crazy, then I had every intention of baking a recipe a week from the Essential Baking Cookbook for April, and had even started with the Hot Cross Buns, then I found myself ovenless for the rest of the month =( But in May, it is back on!)

2 comments:

  1. That is a very swish slow cooker! I'm sure you'll have fun trying out all the new recipes!

    I have one of the 'old school' Monier ones with a heavy ceramic insert, which used to belong to my aunt, I think.

    I recently bought the "Slow Cooker" cookbook by Jane Price, in the Kitchen Classics series, and have been happy with the few recipes I've tried so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)