Meyers Bageri :: vanillesmåkager

Yesterday's Brown Owls meeting gave me the perfect excuse to try a recipe from my newest cookbook - Meyers Bageri (bakery)



I have the dvds of Claus Meyer presenting the Danish series of New Scandinavian Cooking, so I was super excited to come across this book of his favourite baking recipes.

The book is basically slit into three kinds of recipes - breads, pastries and other sweet things. I can't wait to try the breads, and to get into the pastries with marzipan filling, but for yesterday I wanted something super simple, so I went with the vanillesmåkager (vanilla cookies)



They were very easy - I mixed up the dough in my blender, then rolled it into sausages and popped in the fridge overnight. Then, in the morning I just had to slice it up and bake.
I think they worked out pretty well, although it was warm enough in the kitchen that the dough got soft quickly, so I found it much easier to slice after 15 minutes or so in the freezer. Also I used regular sugar and I think the texture would be better with caster sugar. But I did think it was lovely to use real vanilla instead of essence - look at all those delicious dark specks on the pale cookies!

I'm trying to get back into the habit I started last year of trying new recipes, and I can't wait to try another one from this book! =)

xo

Comments

  1. I loved those biscuits! So delicate and light! Wonder what you'll bake next?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)