Monday, January 09, 2012

zucchinipalooza

I've been lucky enough over the last few weeks to get my hands on some gorgeous home grown produce - rhubarb and eggs, and now some amazing enormous yellow zucchinis! (Very exciting, since both my plants appear to be duds - loads of flowers but no fruit =( strawberries about the same!)

So far from my 2.5kg of zukes I've made zucchini slice (nice, but I think I'd prefer half tasty/half Parmesan cheese), zucchini pickle (I think I've mentioned before how much I love Sally Wise?!) and of course you simply can't have a zucchinipalooza without at least one batch of zucchini fritters!



I went with a recipe that has feta in it - and added some peas and corn to the mix. These were a pretty big weekend lunch hit!

I'm still planning to try this zucchini bread and/or these zucchini & carrot muffins - unless someone has a different recipe I should try?

xo

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those fritters look great! I've added that recipe to my list of new things to learn to cook this year, tuna and rice can only get me so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom. Huge zucchini fan unlike most of Canberra at this time if year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)