golden cherry salsa

With all the sunshine and rain we've been having here, my tomatoes are doing pretty well just now.
In particular the golden cherries have been great - I've been picking 10 or so a day, which is way more success than I've ever had before!

To make the most of them we've been making lots of really simple recipes that let their sweet tomatoey-ness shine through - like cooking them down just a little with some onion and a touch of garlic then serving over pasta with some (also from our garden) basil.



Last week we had this delicious fresh salsa  - the golden cherry tomatoes (and a pink one - not quite as prolific as the yellow cherries but tasty none the less!) with red onion, green capsicum and coriander, with a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lime juice (I wish I've thought to add some corn! next time for sure!). Served with some corn chips and a mashed avo it was just the thing for a Friday evening in front of the footy. =)

Comments