Creative space :: hexacutapalooza

Michelle was kind enough tolend me her rotisoboard (round spinny cutting board thing) for the week, so I've been making the most of it be cutting out a bunch of hexies for my hexy MF quilt.

(also, I just installed instagram on my iPhone so have been playing with the photo editing!)

Some of them I have cut willy-nilly as far as the print is concerned - just making sure to use the least fabric - others have been cut carefully (like making the stripes run top to bottom)  or even fussy cut (to put the checks, coloured diamonds or flowers in the centre.

I might have said this already, but each flower I sew up is my new favourite - even the ones that I make from fabrics that I wasn't sold on to start of with. The ones with geometric/stripey prints are probably my least favourite just as a length of fabric, but particularly cool sewn up into flowers - that orange one with the check in the middle is going to look amazing!

I have 5 flowers finished so far (remember, the hexy MF quilt uses 74!), with 15 more cut out - I think I'll do some basting over the next few nights (it is surprisingly therapeutic!)

Don't forget, there are loads more crafty spaces to check out over here!

xo

Comments

  1. Lovely collection of hexies. And that is some word in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read you'd added instagram, I went to follow you immediately, but you beat me to it :) Looking forward to even more photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you snooze you lose old man ;o)
      I love your photos - you take some amazing ones when you're out and about =)

      Delete
  3. Hexagons make every print look better.

    Dude - it's a retreat of hexaholics here. Cathy and I went around the room this afternoon and counted at least 10 EPPers. I know more are coming out of the closet tomorrow. Shall take photos to share!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)