Hexy MF -along

Obviously I've got the hexy EPP bug, so what to do with all the lovely hexy flowers I want to make?
Well, I'm chucking myself in the deep end on this one and embarking on a big hexy project by joining in with the hexy MF along at the Fat Quarterly blog!

Hexy MF is an AMAZING quilt designed by Katy from I'm a ginger monkey - look how gorgeous it is!!

Hexy MF
Gorgeous photo from here

I spent all last Saturday night looking at the pics and thinking about what fabrics I might use, and had almost decided to do it, then on Sunday morning discovered that a couple of my friends were hexy MFing (check out Michelle's lovely Kaffe hexies!). A gorgeous hexy quilt AND along-ing with friends, how could I say no?

The fabric requirements are on the FQ blog already, and Katy will be posting all the instructions for making yor own hexy MF there too.

I'm planning on using nearly all stash fabrics - I'm cutting in to the Daisy Mae (by Denyse Schmidt) fabric that I won (huzzah - I still can't believe it!) on the Spotlight light blog (the Warped and the Weft) back in February.



All of those were in the package I won except for the 5 on top, which are also Denyse Schmidt prints that I picked up from Spotties (I went in just after some yellow for my hexy centres, but couldn't resist those other lovelies too!).

I've finished 2 hexy flowers so far, and have 4 more cut out ready to baste and piece - choosing centre/petal combinations is a lot fun! (just as well too, since I have to make 74 hexy flowers for the quilt top! That's 518 hexies!)

xo

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)