Travelling undies

When I saw the tutorial on the sew take a hike blog for an undies quilt block I knew little zip up undies travel bags would make the perfect 'Bon voyage' presents for my mum and her sister, who are off overseas on holidays next week.
The tutorial was so easy to follow, and because the template is so simple it was easy to resize the undies to just exactly how I wanted them. I was a bit nervous about the curves, since I haven't sewn curves for a flat piece before, but each pair came out just how I hoped.
It is also a perfect project for some fussy cutting - like the bus and dog. Each pair of undies I represents somewhere mum is visiting on her holiday - red and white hearts for Denmark, macarons and patisserie for Paris, the Scottie dog for Scotland, and red bus/black cab for London.

For the other side of the pouch I used the 'spell it with moda' tutorials to make each person's initial. I love the moda letters - the tutorials are free and use 2.5" strips which makes them perfect for scraps.

There are loads of tutorials online for lined zip pouches, I used this one from purl soho.

I think the little bags turned out pretty cute, and they were well received =) I see more undies in my future!

X

 

 

Comments

  1. I love these! So cute and so awesome. I saw the ones @hellofromcat was doing and just had to make them. I hope your Mum loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)