Zippy wallet

Yesterday afternoon saw the sad and sudden demise of my lovely, handmade, red umbrella print wallet =( I have already ordered a replacement from the same designer (Miranda Murphy, formerly Only Midge) - a gorgeous clutch style wallet in dala print (!!) and I can't wait for it to arrive.

So as not to look too much like a hobo carrying my coins in a ziplock bag until then, this afternoon I whipped up a little coin/card purse. I used the zippy wallet tutorial on the noodlehead blog, but left off the exterior pocket. The instructions didn't include the tab on the side, I used another noodlehead tutorial (lil cutie pouch) to make sure I got that right. The tutorial is fantastic - so clear and easy to follow, and it was really very quick to sew up. I'd actually like to make pretty much every noodlehead pattern - they are so cute! I think the open wide zipper pouch is next on the list.

I used some of my Lizzy House catnap for one side, and a scrap of one of my favourite Kate Spain fabrics (from Terrain) for the other. The dots are a spotlight basic - I have some left over from backing my finding formation quilt.

I'm already planning fabric combinations for a couple more of these as presents since they are so simple and turn out so cute, and can be sewn up from scraps, which I love! The pieces are actually less than 5" square, so this would be a fantastic pattern for using up left over charm squares.

 

Comments