Christmas crafty supper

One of my favourite things to do at Chrismtas is to have some of my friends over for supper and a 'treat swap'. The idea is the same as a cookie exchange - everyone brings a plate to share for supper as well as enough of a favourite festive treat (which can be baked or bought) to swap with the other guests. It's just perfect - we get to catch up and chat for hours over some delicious food, and for days afterwards have all kinds of goodies to enjoy. Plus, some of us love an excuse to bake something sweet and package it up all fancy!

I also love the excuse to decorate and play with my papers, punches, washi and stamps to make invitations to post out! I like to have a bit of a theme - usually with a bit of a Scandi flavour. Previous years I've gone with dala, hearts, woodlandy and traditional red and white, and this year I must couldn't go past 'nisser' - Scandinavian elves/gnomes. They guy on the invites was inspired by that wooden one on the table there, which I picked up at the scandi Christmas bazaar her in Canberra, and were made from fabric.

These past two years I've planned a fun (and daggy) craft project for us to do too - last year we had kits for decorating little 3D felt christmas trees, and this year we made nisser from wooden beads and felt. They came out so cute!

I also couldn't resist making each of my guests one of these little quilted Christmassy mug rugs with the the same little nisse from the invites.

I think that about wraps up the Christmassy stuff I wanted to share - and it's not even 25 January for a few more minutes ;-)

Xo

 

Comments

  1. Damn! I still haven't picked up my little elfie. Was a very fun night. Love Christmas treat swaps! And you always go to som much effort whereas my effort is an email that says "bring beer and a plate of something and also our chairs are broken so byo chairs too". NOT the hostess with the mostest that I dream of being!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)