Bunny hop hats

Hello out there!
I don't know what it is about April, but with the public holidays and birthdays and travelling for Easter and whatnot it always seems to whizz past - and by the time I've realised we're into May then it's June already! And so here we are.
I've been busily sewing and knitting and reading and baking and playing and, well, Mum-ing, and have so much that I want to catch up on recording here. I'm not sure if there's a good logical way to do it, so I'm going to just pop things up as I come to them.

And I think two tiny cute girls in knitted bunny ears is as good a place as any to start?

The pattern is the Bunny Hat with Chin Ties, by Grumperina, and it was an absolute dream to knit up. A fast, adorable dream! Each little hat took about 2 or 3 nights to finish - yay for 8ply baby knits!


I think I have probably written before about being a 'process' knitter - I love a new technique and am fascinated to see how different combinations of what's essentialy just knit and purl stitches can be used in such clever ways. Anyway, the shaping on is hat is beautiful, symmetrical perfection! Also, believe it or not, I don't think I have knitted i-cord before. And it is such a good solution for ties.


Can you tell yet how much I enjoyed this pattern? ;-) ps it was also really inexpensive - maybe $3 or something I think. I am very tempted to whip up another, more practical for winter one of these for A - maybe a nice snuggly grey? But oh there are so many things to knit! Right now I'm working on a milo vest, which will be a very handy addition to her wardrobe in this weather!
Until next time,
B x



Comments

  1. These are very vey cute! Can you make them in adult size??? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)