remembrance

These little guys poked their heads out early last week. (now here they are - a day too late)

One of the images I remember most clearly from driving through France was the wild red poppies along the sides of the roads.

I was amazed at how it looked exactly like in pictures, or like the scenery to the Tour de France. When I made this comment to my French friend he wondered why it would look any different to pictures.
I think its funny that that is often the first thought you have when you see something for real the first time - "wow, its just like in the photos"
I can't wait to do that with mum when we go to Europe next year.


They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.


besos

Comments