Friday, February 29, 2008

On having the house to oneself

Last week Carrie from Every Word's a Purl wrote about how her behaviour is different when her fiance is away from home.

A number of people shared their 'house to themselves' habits in the comments to that post, and it got me to thinking - how am I different when the Boy isn't around?

I couldn't really think of anything at the time.

Now, here I am.

Curled up on the couch, wearing his favourite hoody.

Two days' worth of breakfast dishes on the coffee table next to me.

Preparing to watch my Justin Timberlake live FutureSex/LoveShow concert dvd....

Hmmm, well, I guess the knitting doesn't change ;)

So, what's your guilty home alone secret?

besos =)

ps. Shedir is finished!!! Cast-off and wove in the ends on the bus this morning =) Show you the pics tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you wove in the ends ON THE BUS!

    My guilty pleasure while Mr QM is away (it doesn't happen very often, unfortunately) is to make a big casserole dish of macaroni cheese with tomato and LOTS of white sauce, and spend the next 4 days eating it. Of course I'm 5 kilos heavier when he comes home ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude I was totally going to make macaroni cheese tonight til I scored a noodle house laksa dinner date with J-Mo!!
    Mmmm LOVE macaroni cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nice post! I am different when Sean is away. I'm sure of it. I'm gonna think about it and do a post.

    Oh I meant to say, I saw your comment on Jejune's blog the other about being bananaphobic. I'm right there with you on that. Disgusting things. I hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't live with my boyfriend, but if we go out and he's not around (or if I go out by myself) I flirt a lot with other guys. I've done that since I was very little, it's not something I really think about, but I mind myself when he's around. I also dance (if possible) with other guys, which he doesn't much fancy me doing either. :P At least not strangers. He'd rather I danced with him, and I'm sorry to say, but the boy has no moves. At all. It's not that I'm out to get another boy, I just like the attention. :D

    When I'm at home by myself with no mum or brother around, I have my door open or sit in the living room (we're odd in our family - we lock ourselves in our room. I think this has more to do with my mother, but oh well), shower with the bathroom door open so I can listen to music and walk around nekkid. ;) I also eat precisely what I want to, leave dishes and glasses everywhere and put Courtney Love or something similar on and turn up the volume. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it so great to "treat" yourself when you are home alone? I eat meals that are NOT well-balanced, stay in my p.j. far too long (or put them on far too early) and watch soap operas while I knit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a post!

    When I've got the house to myself I don't usually get dressed - and I don't mean I'm naked!!! I usually wear my pyjamas all day. I'll usually shower, and then put the pjs on again!

    And I watch lots of tv that husby isn't fond of. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)